Influential early electronic Italian band N.O.I.A. are releasing some of the most vital tracks form their back catalogue, and the terrific latest two come with remixes from Francisco and Ali Renault.
N.O.I.A. was amongst the first electronic music groups to emerge in the late seventies and early eighties alongside peers like Human League and Depeche Mode. In their time, N.O.I.A. released on labels like EMI, Italian Records and CBS and were successful on the Italian, German and Belgian dance markets. These tracks come from a demo session recorded in mid 1982 at the Oderso Rubini (Italian Records co-owner) studio and are perfect examples of their still essential style.
The superb ‘Forbidden Planet’ is a shiny early electro cut with a great funk bass line, a real instrumental groove and fantastic melodies that shimmer like a hot sun. It’s filled with joy and sounds as fresh today as ever, the way it ducks and dives and offers real warmth.
The Francisco Remix keeps the funk vibe but changes the groove to be a more Chicago house style cut. As such it has a rasping bassline, big drums and coarse percussion that make you
want to jack.
The masterful Ali Renault—a go-to disco and synth specialist who runs Cyber Dance Records, Human Shield Record Company and most recently his own Vivod imprint—then turns out a hypnotic version that is more driven and direct for the dance floor, with robotic bass and epic reflective synth lines. It’s a cinematic track with great analogue textures that goes back to the future.
The last original is the excellent ‘Stay With Me’, a cosmic love song with breezy trumpets and dreamy disco vibes as well as soulful vocals. Italo melodies and infectious percussion finish it off and make it an instant crowd pleaser.
These are four tracks imbued with shades of electro, Italo and disco that cannot fail to inject feel good vibes to any set.
released January 9, 2018
* Kasper Bjorke (HFN) YES! Wonderful !!!! Thanks so much!
* Fouk (House of Disco, Razor N Tape, Room With A View, Heist) Funky 80s! Forbidden Planet original's the one for us!
* Mark Moore (S-Express) Charming with a nice Francisco Remix.
* Richie Rundle (Slugrave (Beat Hotel)) amazing.. love this.
* Bird of Paradise (Correspondant / Nein / Clouded Vision) The originals are fantastic!
* Chris Massey (Elektriks / Electric Elephant (Croatia) / Paper Recordings / EL Diablos Social Club) Original of Forbidden Planet is coming up trumps for me here!
* Sam Berdah (Club Bizarre) Wow Ali Renault nailed it
* Michiel (SHMLSS) originals great!!!
* Tristan Da Cunha (20:20 / Back To Basics / Dungeon Meat): The original of Forbidden Planet is still the one i'll play from this package ... Classic .
* Guillaume Atlan (Supermen Lovers): Oh oh !! love that !!
* Gameboyz (Clouded Vision / Relish): ali renault remix for us, thanks!
* Matt Walsh (Turbo): great mix from Ali!
* Gianluca Pandullo (I-Robots): I-Robots approved!
* Mateo Gonzalez (Bufi / Ritmo Culto (Kitsuné, Correspondant, Record Makers, Turbo)): Thanks!
* Howson's Groove (Chasing Unicorns): Loving the original.
* Clemente (As We Fall): Great thx
* Leo Mas (Is it Balearic?): N.O.I.A. - Forbidden Planet (Francisco Remix) my fav
* Peza (Magic Feet / A&R edits): Love the Ali Renault remix!
* Italo Brutalo (Days of Being Wild / Nein): Francisco & Ali Renault mixes for my podcasts ;)
* Tom Coverly (Psychemagik): Awesome!! Definitely supporting
* Crispin Dior (ADVENTURES IN THEBEETROOT FIELD, DRUZZI'S, FIELD DAY): enjoying the FP demo + Francisco mix
* Mano Le Tough (Mirau/Internasjonal/Dirt Crew): Thanks!
* Rotciv (Live at Robert Johson / Luv Shack): Ali Renault remix and original for me, thank you!
* Flemming Dalum (Mothball Records): Great !
* Damon Jee (days of being wild, nein, clouded vision): nice release, thanks
* Philippe Binda (Club Bizarre): Ali Renault remix is really amazing.
* Paul Bonomo (Snax): Nice! Classic and psychedelic, too. And that demo! Varied remixes too. Thanks!
* Guido le Saint (2CV): cool! love the original and ali's remix.
* Manfredas (Les Disques De La Mort): ali renault remix for me
* Diego Cortez Salas (DC Salas / Polar): #4 for me !nice one
* Justin Robertson: francisco is great
* Chloe Battant (C.A.R.): Great package. Love the original and Ali Renault
* Telonius (Gomma): Francisco!!!
* Reza Athar: Ali's mix is amazing
* Billy Scurry (Dublin): Absolute heat!! Rmx's and OG's. Could listen to these all day
* Johnson (La dame Noir / Meant / Emerald & Doreen / Play Pal): Nice Ali Renault Remix
* Pin Up Club (NEIN / Bordello a Parigi / Relish Recordings): solid gold
* Yan Wagner (UNO / Pschent): forbidden planet original demo is great, thanks.
* SONNS (Kompakt / Hottracks / ESP Insitute): Fantastico!! tips to tails delight thanks!!
* Cole Medina ((Internasjonal / Foto Recordings)): thanks for the promo, will have a listen later! cheers, cole
* Craig Bratley (Instruments of Rapture/ Robsoul): great package, loving the remixes
* Timothy Clerkin (Heretic / Eskimo Twins): Ali's mix is EXCELLENT
* Juan Soto (Nang / Electrique): This is retrofuture music. loved it. Will play it for sure, its just the twist the disco need it.
* Tensnake: great AR and Francisco remixes thanks
* Tom Findlay (Groove Armada): really love the francisco mix - deep disco joy
* Alexander Robotnik (Hot Elephant Music): Good. Francisco rmx for me
* Pulp Disco and The Outcasts (Her Majesty's Ship, Correspondant, La Dame Noir): Love the originals and AR's remix. Great stuff. Thanks :)
* Curses (Safer At Night / Let's Play House / Nein / Throne Of Blood): heavyyy
* Popscile (Opilec Music): Great Disco
* Luca C (Infinity Ink): great package, nice Ali remix too
* Severino Panzetta (Horse Meat Disco): BIG Francisco remix Love it
* Il Est Vilaine (Dialect Recordings): Original tracks for me
* Sean Johnston (Hardway Bros, A Love From Outer Space, Disco Bloodbath): Francisco remix is doing it!
* Andrew Claristidge (Acid Washed (Records makers)): Killer release. everything is great in this pack!!!
* Geoffroy Dewandeler (Mugwump/Hi-Phen/Eskimo Recordings/Brussels FM): Great release and remixes.
* Duncan Gray (Tici Taci): I did not know the original tracks but I really dig the 1982 version of Forbidden Planet. I think that's got to be my favourite track here, but both of the new remixes are quite useful tracks too and I will give them both a spin. Thanks.
* Baikal (Maeve): dope! love the vibe.
* Massimiliano Pagliara (Live at Robert Johnson): Great tunes. Francisco rmx is my fave! Thanks!
* Christian Pronovost (Lost Heroes): Both original are great 80's electro funk numbers. The " All Renault remix" is very cool We will play + review . C
* Bottin (Bearfunk): Stay with NOIA!
* Neil Scott (El Diablo Social Club): killer remixes on this italo classic
* Inigo Vontier (Her Majesty's Ship, Mix Le Fun, La Dame Noir, Correspondant): Ali Renault kill it for me, also stay with me original is great!
* Peo Watson (Family Name, Magazine Club): Love the Ali Renault Remix
* Robi Insinna (Relish Records): this is a Killer release, great original and killer mixes.
*Patrick Vidal: Excellent release,the Francisco remix is exciting and groovy and Stay with me is a great track typical from these years
* Bill Brewster: Really nice package, like the Original Demo version and Ali's mix is super nice too.
* Tuomas Salmela (Phonogenic (Cocoon, 20:20 Vision)): Ali Renault Remix is wonderful!
* Giacomo Di Falco (You Man (Alpage Records)): great ! Particulary Francisco Remix
* Irregular Disco Workers (Disco Volante): Francisco Remix! Thanks
* Edgar Walthert: yep, that's right up my alley. Thanks for sharing. All four tracks have great potential to end up in my sets. (maybe Ali Renault Remix the least)
* Marco Dos Santos: (Silencio (Paris)) Great one.
* Ben Pistor (Disco Bloodbath): Oohh liking this! Ali Renault & Francisco mixes sounding lush
* Franz Underwear (Slow Motion Records): Fantastic release, Francisco and Ali remix are perfect modern update...
* Neil Parnell (Tronik Youth): originals are great ali's mix is so great